Orthodontic treatment offers many wonderful benefits: better oral health, beautiful smile aesthetics, and a set of well-functioning teeth that feel good and look great. However, if you're reluctant to wear conventional metal braces, clear Invisalign aligners from Dr. Edmund Jay in San Diego, CA may be just what you need. Discreet, comfortable, and effective, clear Invisalign appliances could create your best smile
The Invisalign system
It has straightened mild to moderate orthodontic issues for more than 20 years in the United States and across the globe. Available to older teens and adults, Invisalign clear aligners resemble thin teeth whitening trays. They fit tightly over top and bottom teeth but are so thin and clear, they are completely unnoticeable. Patients undergo treatment without their colleagues, neighbors, and friends even noticing!
Invisalign treatment begins with a comprehensive examination and digital scans. This information helps Dr. Jay formulate a treatment plan to address:
- Bite problems (overbite and underbite as examples)
- Tooth tipping or rotation
- Protruding front teeth
- Orthodontic relapse
You probably have questions...
Most potential patients have many. For instance:
- Are the aligners really discreet? Yes, they are. You'll wear your custom-made appliances for 20 to 22 hours a day, but they are smooth, crystal clear, and nearly invisible.
- How long does treatment take? Typically, patients wear each aligner pair about two weeks before advancing to the next one in the customized sequence. In all, treatment takes about 9 to 15 months, with a year as average.
- Are they really removable? Yes, the aligners are completely removable for meals, brushing, and flossing.
- Do the aligners restrict what I eat? No, they don't. Just take them out for meals and snacks and replace them immediately afterward. Cleaning is easy, too—just brush with a quality toothpaste and rinse with clear water.
- When I previously wore braces, my gums and other areas inside my mouth were irritated quite often. Are Invisalign appliances comfortable? Yes, they are. While orthodontic treatment may cause some slight soreness from tooth movement, you won't have any cuts or sores from your aligners.
- How many aligners are there? You'll wear two at a time, changing them to the next pair as Dr. Jay advises. You'll stop in the office once a month so the dentist can check your progress and to receive your new aligner pairs. There are typically 18 to 30 in all depending on your case.
Arrange one at Dr. Edmund Jay's practice in San Diego, CA. He'll give you a clear picture of your treatment options and can help you determine if Invisalign is right for you. Call today: (858) 270-0682.